Tuesday 20 November 2012

Style Inspiration #1: D'arcy Wretzky

What kind of blogger would I be if I didn't talk about my style inspirations? I'm joking, of course, but hey, I'm going to talk about them anyway!

Personally, I quite like reading about other people's style inspirations. It's interesting (and pretty cool) that anyone can be an inspiration, not necessarily someone who is involved in fashion.

The first person I've decided to talk about is D'arcy Wretzky, former bassist in Smashing Pumpkins - not only is she a style inspiration, she's a musical inspiration to me too.

Her style changed throughout her time in Smashing Pumpkins, going from cool grungey look to a more cyberrific goth style. I'm not great at truly analysing or dissecting a person's style, so prepare for basically a few pictures and me gushing about how much I like them :-p
She's wearing a Blue Velvet t-shirt, need I say more? I'm always slightly jealous when I see people who are able to look so great in an unfitted t-shirt and jeans... I just don't feel like I can pull it off that well (I still try though, oh well!). Maybe it's a case of being my own worst critic, but I always feel like I just look lazy and like I haven't put any effort in... and not in the good way I might be aiming for.
Again, something don't feel I can pull off, yet still continue to try - the baggy sweatshirt. A staple of any grunge fan's wardrobe! And see how she's wearing sunglasses but the picture doesn't look that bright? That's cos she's cooler than you.
This is D'arcy in the video for Bullet with Butterfly Wings - obviously the space-goth vibe has taken over, and she pulls it off brilliantly. I think, in most cases, if someone has or has had blue hair, then they're probably pretty awesome (why yes, I have had blue hair myself!).
She almost looks like a different person here, but it's take more than that to trick me. Mostly, I'm love with that dotted bass she's playing!
Blue hair and black gothy make-up, perfect combination.

What do you think of D'arcy's style?

No comments:

Post a Comment